The Catholic High School Placement Test (HSPT) will be
administered at Central Catholic on the following two dates:
Saturday, November 18, 2017
Saturday, December 2, 2017
Students check in before 8:00 AM at the Main Office
and will complete their exam by 11:45 AM.
The $40 registration fee for the exam is non-refundable.
The HSPT may be taken only once during the admissions process.
CCHS will accept SSAT scores in addition to or in lieu of HSPT scores.
- How To Prepare
- What to Bring
- HSPT Accommodation Requests
- "Make a Difference" Food Drive
- Parent Information Session
- Review the HSPT Information Sheet (when available) with your parents. You will need to complete and bring this form to the exam.
- Using the 2 digit numerical code, select up to 5 high schools to which you would like your HSPT scores sent (section 2). The High School Code Numbers are found on side 2 of the Student Information Sheet. List code 27 as one of your options so that Central Catholic High School will receive your test scores. Using the Archdiocese of Boston Elementary School Code List, fill in the appropriate 3 digit number in the box in the lower right hand corner of the Information Sheet. This code identifies your elementary school. Fill out the Student Information Sheet entirely and bring it with you on the day of the HSPT.
- Be sure to get a good night sleep and have breakfast prior to testing.
- Students should be dropped off at the Central Catholic High School Main Office area by 7:45 AM.
- When you arrive at the Main Office a Student Ambassador will greet you and direct you to the room where you will be taking the exam.
- You will complete the exam at about 11:45 AM so please arrange a ride for that time.
- Please bring at least two (non-mechanical) sharpened number 2 pencils.
- Please do not bring a calculator since you will not be using one during the examination.
Requesting Special Accommodations for Entrance Exam Testing
Central Catholic will consider requests for extended time and/or other minimal testing accommodation requests.
Candidates wishing to be considered for modified or extended time testing for the HSPT being administered at Central Catholic High School must complete the Central Catholic application through the Application Portal and submit their active 504/IEP and supporting testing for review. This must be done at least 3 weeks prior to the administration date of the HSPT for which the student is registering so that the documents and testing may be reviewed by our staff and a response to the request may be provided in a timely manner.
When you come to sit for your exam, please bring a minimum of three items from the list below. We will make sure that your food donation goes to needy families served by Lazarus House Ministries here in Lawrence.
Serving the least favored - those who need our help the most, is exactly who we are as CCHS Raiders. We ask you to join us and work in the spirit of Central Catholic to help make life just a little better for the people in our community who need it most.
- Canned Tuna Fish
- Canned Soups
- Spaghetti Sauce, Paste, Stewed Tomatoes, Diced Tomatoes
- Canned Ravioli, Spaghetti, Beef-a-roni, Spaghettios
- “Goya” Brand Products
- Turkey Gravy – package or can
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Vegetables: Corn, Peas, Green Beans, Mixed Veggies, Potatoes
PASTA & RICE
- Pasta: all types – Spaghetti, Ziti etc.
- Macaroni & Cheese
- White Rice: 1 lb. bag
- Canned Fruit
- Boxed Pudding & Jell-O
- Brownies, Boxed Cake Mixes
- Canned Cake Frosting
Parents are invited to learn more about the admissions process while their children take the exam.
Please join us from 10:00 to 11:15 AM for a brief presentation in the Theater followed by a question and answer session.
This session is optional and does not require an RSVP. Light refreshments will be provided.
Central Catholic High School is offering an HSPT Entrance Exam Prep Class.
There will be six classes beginning October 10 and running weekly up to and until November 14.
Classes will be held each Tuesday from 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM.
The fee of $250 covers the course tuition, the test prep book as well as the fee for the November 18 exam.
For more information, contact the Admissions Office at 978-682-0260 ext. 612. Space is available on a first-come first-served basis.