Our student-athletes bring home State, Sectional, and Conference Championships on a regular basis while representing the school community with pride.
Central Catholic offers twenty-seven (27) Varsity sports in competitions governed by the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) and the Merrimack Valley Conference (MVC) as well as two (2) seasons of Cheerleading under the Massachusetts Secondary School Administrators' Association (MSSAA).
More than half of our student body, approximately 800 students, compete on at least one of these teams, an experience that fosters teamwork, dedication, sportsmanship, and the pursuit of excellence, lessons that carry over into all aspects of life.
The 12th Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Class will be honored at the
Champagnat Awards Presentation & Athletic Hall of Fame Induction
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Thursday, May 10, 2018
Seaglass at the Blue Ocean Event Center, 4 Ocean Front N, Salisbury, MA
Nominations must be submitted by February 16, 2018.
- What sports are offered at CCHS?
- Do all teams have cuts?
- Can I play multiple sports?
- When are tryouts?
- What do I need to play a sport?
- When do the seasons start?
The following sports are offered at CCHS:
- Cross Country (boys and girls; JV and V)
- Cheerleading (co-ed; JV and V)
- Field Hockey (girls; JV and V)
- Football (boys; FR, Soph, JV and V)
- Golf (co-ed; JV and V)
- Soccer (boys and girls; FR, JV and V)
- Swimming and Diving (girls)
- Volleyball (girls; FR, JV and V)
- Basketball (boys and girls; FR, JV and V)
- Cheerleading (co-ed; JV and V)
- Gymnastics (co-ed)
- Ice Hockey (boys and girls; JV-A, JV-B and V - Girls are V only)
- Indoor Track and Field (boys and girls)
- Swimming and Diving (boys)
- Wrestling (co-ed; JV and V)
- Baseball (boys; FR, JV and V)
- Lacrosse (boys and girls; JV-A, JV-B and V)
- Outdoor Track and Field (boys and girls)
- Softball (girls; FR, JV and V)
- Tennis (boys and girls)
- Volleyball (boys; JV and V)
The following teams have cuts: Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey (boys and girls), Lacrosse, Soccer (boys and girls), Softball, Volleyball (boys and girls).
Depending on participation numbers, this list may change.
If a student is cut from a sport during the tryout period, he/she can then join a non-cut sport.
In order to be eligible for athletic participation, a student needs the following completed PRIOR to the first day of participation:
- Current physical on file with the nurse (exam within 13 months).
- Completed registration form (sent out 1 month prior to start of athletic season.
- Completed SportsWare account. Instructions included in registration packet.
Congratulations to Kalvin Guillermo ’18 on being named a Moynihan Scholar-Athlete. A member of the National Honor Society, track & field team, and football team, Kalvin has committed to play football at Trinity College next year.
Congratulations to Bret Edwards '18, Max Faro '18, and Osho Omoyeni '18 on signing their national letters of intent to play collegiate football next year! Bret and Osho will be playing at the University of New Hampshire, while Max will be playing at Brown University.
On Tuesday, Central Catholic's Varsity Baseball Team hosted their Annual Christmas Party for students from a public elementary school in Lawrence. Thank you to the players, to Coach Pelletier, and to everyone who helps make this annual event possible!
Congratulations to Alexandra Nagri ’14, an outstanding two-sport athlete and scholar at Suffolk University. A soccer co-captain, Alex was named CoSIDA Academic All-District and became the second girls soccer player to eclipse the 100-point mark. This winter, she’s helping to lead the girls basketball team in her final season.
Eleven student-athletes recently signed their National Letters of Intent to compete in athletics at the collegiate level. Congratulations to these outstanding young men and women!