|Summer Reading Optional Discussion Group: Book #3|
10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Contact: Ms. Karen Moynihan
Meet in an informal setting with a faculty/moderator and other students who are participating in the Summer Reading Program
. The discussion groups are optional.
There is no fee to attend the book discussions. Students who arrive in the lobby on the day of each discussion will be directed to classrooms where the discussions will take place.
|Summer Reading Journals Due|
8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Contact: Ms. Karen Moynihan
Students who cannot deliver the journal on this date by noon must mail the journal to the address below so that the journal arrives by August 14. JOURNALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER NOON ON AUGUST 14. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Summer Reading 2015
Summer Term Office
Central Catholic High School
300 Hampshire Street
Lawrence, MA 01841
In addition to submitting a hard copy of all journals in a folder, students must also submit their journals through TurnItIn.Com according to the attached directions
. If you have trouble with Turnitin.com, please contact Mr. Nikonchuk, Assistant Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Opening Day, Grades 9 & 12|
7:40 AM to 2:10 PM
First day of school for freshmen & seniors.Contact: Mrs. Doreen Keller
Important Information for Freshmen
- Freshmen report to the Memorial Gymnasium by 7:40am.
- Dismissal time is 2:10pm.
- School dress code is required.
- Bring a lunch or money to purchase lunch and drinks in the cafeteria.
- Purchases to be made with cash or check payable to CCHS (if not already purchased from the campus store on Tuesday or Wednesday):
- $5.00 for a CCHS black school lock to be sold during homeroom
- $5.00 for a CCHS blue athletic lock to be purchased at the school store during lunch or after school
- School IDs & School Portraits will be taken. There is no charge for the school ID however if you wish to purchase a portrait package you must have with you the order form sent to your home by Mark Lawrence Photographers as well as the purchase price for the pictures.
- Students and parents must read the CCHS Student-Parent Handbook, Guidelines for Personal Use of Student-Owned Mobile Devices and the CCHS iPad Acceptable Use Policy.
- The permission form for the Class of 2019 Freshman Day at Camp Marist, Ossipee, NH must be completed, signed and returned to the homeroom teacher on Thursday, September 10.
- The permission form for Walk 2015 must be completed, signed and returned to the homeroom teacher by Thursday, September 10.
- It is not necessary to bring print books on this first day. You will need your iPad , a notebook, pen or pencil.
|Freshman Day: Class of 2019|
7:40 AM to 9:00 PM
At the start of each school year, the incoming freshman class travels to Camp Marist in Ossipee, NH, for a day of team building and ice breakers.Location: Camp Marist, Ossipee, NH
Contact: Mr. Christopher Sullivan
- Freshmen report directly to their homeroom by 7:40am. If you arrive to school before 7:30am report to the cafeteria/Baroni Hall.
- Buses leave at 8:00am for Freshmen Orientation Day at Camp Marist.
- Buses return to CCHS at 9:00pm.
- Dress is casual – shorts, t-shirts, sneakers, sweatshirts, etc., bathing suits and towels if you wish to go swimming. Lifeguards are provided.
- Food and drink are provided at no charge.
- The permission form must be completed, signed and returned to the homeroom teacher on Thursday, September 10.
Student Podcast: Everything McCool About Central Catholic
Click below to log in to the PlusPortals for grades!