For over 20 years, Central Catholic's Summer Reading program has been cultivating a love of reading within students while serving as a model for other schools and educators.
Mr. Michael Clements
Summer Reading for Pleasure and Credit is an optional summer reading program designed to encourage students to develop a love of reading with all of its attending benefits, both academic and personal. The books in this program have been chosen with pleasure reading in mind.
For those familiar with our Summer Reading program, there are a few significant updates from previous years.
The new program is as follows:
- Each year level will be assigned a single book.
- Participation is optional.
- Participating students will come in to Central during one of the designated Summer Reading assessment dates and complete a two-part assessment on the book.
- The result on the assessment will indicate how much extra credit a student will earn on his or her 1st quarter English grade.
- While students may earn extra credit based on their assessment, they cannot lose points.
- Students are no longer exempt from the English Midterm Exam by participating in Summer Reading.
If you select Central Catholic High School as the recipient of Amazon's donation, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases year-round to CCHS.