Thank you for your interest in taking the Entrance Exam at Central Catholic High School!
The Catholic High School Placement Test (HSPT) will be administered at Central Catholic on the following two dates:
Saturday, November 16, 2019
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Registration will open in September.
Exam Details: Students check in before 8:00 AM at the Main Office and will complete their exam by 11:45 AM.
Please note: The $40 registration fee for the exam is non-refundable. The HSPT may be taken only once during the admissions process.
CCHS will accept SSAT scores in addition to or in lieu of HSPT scores (use school code #2339).
- You will be receiving a confirmation email the week of the exam as a reminder. Please print that email and bring it to the exam as confirmation of your registration.
- Be sure to get a good night sleep and have breakfast prior to testing.
- Students should be dropped off at the Central Catholic High School Main Office area by 7:45 AM.
- When you arrive at the Main Office a Student Ambassador will greet you and direct you to the room where you will be taking the exam.
- You will complete the exam at about 11:45 AM so please arrange a ride for that time.
- Please bring at least two (non-mechanical) sharpened number 2 pencils.
- Please do not bring a calculator since you will not be using one during the examination.
When you come to sit for your exam, please bring a minimum of three items from the list below. We will make sure that your food donation goes to needy families served by Lazarus House Ministries here in Lawrence.
Serving the least favored - those who need our help the most, is exactly who we are as CCHS Raiders. We ask you to join us and work in the spirit of Central Catholic to help make life just a little better for the people in our community who need it most.
- Canned Tuna Fish
- Canned Soups
- Spaghetti Sauce, Paste, Stewed Tomatoes, Diced Tomatoes
- Canned Ravioli, Spaghetti, Beef-a-roni, Spaghettios
- “Goya” Brand Products
- Turkey Gravy – package or can
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Vegetables: Corn, Peas, Green Beans, Mixed Veggies, Potatoes
PASTA & RICE
- Pasta: all types – Spaghetti, Ziti etc.
- Macaroni & Cheese
- White Rice: 1 lb. bag
- Canned Fruit
- Boxed Pudding & Jell-O
- Brownies, Boxed Cake Mixes
- Canned Cake Frosting
Parents are invited to learn more about the admissions process while their children take the exam.
Please join us from 10:00 to 11:15 AM for a brief presentation in the Theater followed by a question and answer session.
This session is optional and does not require an RSVP. Light refreshments will be provided.
Each fall, Central Catholic High School offers an HSPT Entrance Exam Prep Class.
Dates for 2019 will be announced in September and are usually held each Tuesday from 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM in October and November.
The Prep Class Fee of $250, payable by credit card at registration, covers the course tuition, the test prep book as well as the fee for the November 16 exam.
If you have any questions about CCHS or the admissions process, please do not hesitate to contact us. Call us at 978-682-0260 ext. 612 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.