Our student-athletes bring home State, Sectional, and Conference Championships on a regular basis while representing the school community with pride.
Central Catholic offers twenty-seven (27) Varsity sports in competitions governed by the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) and the Merrimack Valley Conference (MVC) as well as two (2) seasons of Cheerleading under the Massachusetts Secondary School Administrators' Association (MSSAA).
More than half of our student body, approximately 800 students, compete on at least one of these teams, an experience that fosters teamwork, dedication, sportsmanship, and the pursuit of excellence, lessons that carry over into all aspects of life.
The 12th Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Class will be honored at the
Champagnat Awards Presentation & Athletic Hall of Fame Induction
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Thursday, May 10, 2018
Seaglass at the Blue Ocean Event Center, 4 Ocean Front N, Salisbury, MA
- What sports are offered at CCHS?
- Do all teams have cuts?
- Can I play multiple sports?
- When are tryouts?
- What do I need to play a sport?
- When do the seasons start?
The following sports are offered at CCHS:
- Cross Country (boys and girls; JV and V)
- Cheerleading (co-ed; JV and V)
- Field Hockey (girls; JV and V)
- Football (boys; FR, Soph, JV and V)
- Golf (co-ed; JV and V)
- Soccer (boys and girls; FR, JV and V)
- Swimming and Diving (girls)
- Volleyball (girls; FR, JV and V)
- Basketball (boys and girls; FR, JV and V)
- Cheerleading (co-ed; JV and V)
- Gymnastics (co-ed)
- Ice Hockey (boys and girls; JV-A, JV-B and V - Girls are V only)
- Indoor Track and Field (boys and girls)
- Swimming and Diving (boys)
- Wrestling (co-ed; JV and V)
- Baseball (boys; FR, JV and V)
- Lacrosse (boys and girls; JV-A, JV-B and V)
- Outdoor Track and Field (boys and girls)
- Softball (girls; FR, JV and V)
- Tennis (boys and girls)
- Volleyball (boys; JV and V)
The following teams have cuts: Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey (boys and girls), Lacrosse, Soccer (boys and girls), Softball, Volleyball (boys and girls).
Depending on participation numbers, this list may change.
If a student is cut from a sport during the tryout period, he/she can then join a non-cut sport.
In order to be eligible for athletic participation, a student needs the following completed PRIOR to the first day of participation:
- Current physical on file with the nurse (exam within 13 months).
- Completed registration form (sent out 1 month prior to start of athletic season.
- Completed SportsWare account. Instructions included in registration packet.
Every three years, Central Catholic celebrates the annual Saint Marcellin Champagnat Awards Reception honoring alumni and community leaders who make an impact in our local communities and the wider world. The newest members of the Athletic Hall of Fame are also inducted and recognized at this special event, which will be held on May 10 at the Blue Ocean Event Center in Salisbury, MA.
Congratulations to seniors Bret Edwards '18 and Osho Omoyeni '18 on being selected as members of the All-State Super 26 Team. Osho and Bret are both multisport student-athletes and will be playing collegiate football at the University of New Hampshire next year.
Congratulations to Julia Worden ’18 on being named a Moynihan Scholar-Athlete. An exceptional student and an accomplished multi-sport athlete, Julia has committed to compete in track & field and potentially field hockey at Tufts University next year.
Congratulations to, left to right, Caitlin Regan ’18, Stonehill College; Marissa Greene ’18, St. Anselm College; Elayna Grillakis ’18, Providence College; Brooke Hernon ’18, Fairfield University; and Ashley Raphael ’18, Boston University; on signing their national letters of intent to play collegiate soccer next year! These exemplary student-athletes helped lead a historic run for girls soccer, including an undefeated, state championship season.
On Thursday, May 10, 2018, the Central Catholic community will honor the achievements of a select group of alumni, friends, and community members whose lives, acts of kindness, and contributions to Central Catholic and the wider world fully represent the best traditions of CCHS. Nominations are currently being accepted for the Champagnat Awards and the Athletic Hall of Fame. Deadline: February 16.