Learn more about our Summer Term academic and enrichment programs, our Fine & Performing Arts Programs, and our Sports Camps & Clinics!
Our student-athletes bring home State, Sectional, and Conference Championships on a regular basis while representing the school community with pride.
Central Catholic offers twenty-seven (27) Varsity sports in competitions governed by the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) and the Merrimack Valley Conference (MVC) as well as two (2) seasons of Cheerleading under the Massachusetts Secondary School Administrators' Association (MSSAA).
More than half of our student body, approximately 800 students, compete on at least one of these teams, an experience that fosters teamwork, dedication, sportsmanship, and the pursuit of excellence, lessons that carry over into all aspects of life.
Current families: log in to the portal to register for Spring athletics!
- What sports are offered at CCHS?
- Do all teams have cuts?
- Can I play multiple sports?
- When are tryouts?
- What do I need to play a sport?
- When do the seasons start?
The following sports are offered at CCHS:
- Cross Country (boys and girls; JV and V)
- Cheerleading (co-ed; JV and V)
- Field Hockey (girls; JV and V)
- Football (boys; FR, Soph, JV and V)
- Golf (co-ed; JV and V)
- Soccer (boys and girls; FR, JV and V)
- Swimming and Diving (girls)
- Volleyball (girls; FR, JV and V)
- Basketball (boys and girls; FR, JV and V)
- Cheerleading (co-ed; JV and V)
- Gymnastics (co-ed)
- Ice Hockey (boys and girls; JV-A, JV-B and V - Girls are V only)
- Indoor Track and Field (boys and girls)
- Swimming and Diving (boys)
- Wrestling (co-ed; JV and V)
- Baseball (boys; FR, JV and V)
- Lacrosse (boys and girls; JV-A, JV-B and V)
- Outdoor Track and Field (boys and girls)
- Softball (girls; FR, JV and V)
- Tennis (boys and girls)
- Volleyball (boys; JV and V)
The following teams have cuts: Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey (boys and girls), Lacrosse, Soccer (boys and girls), Softball, Volleyball (boys and girls).
Depending on participation numbers, this list may change.
If a student is cut from a sport during the tryout period, he/she can then join a non-cut sport.
In order to be eligible for athletic participation, a student needs the following completed PRIOR to the first day of participation:
- Current physical on file with the nurse (exam within 13 months).
- Completed concussion education course through NFHSLearn.com.
- Completed registration form through FamilyID.com (opens approximately 1 month prior to start of athletic season.
Thank you to the Boys Volleyball Team, who took the time to make blankets and collect books for children at Boston Children’s Hospital. Their actions illustrate what it means to be Marist and to love the least favored and those most in need!
Anthony Caggianelli '19 was recently profiled in The Eagle-Tribune for his exploits in track and on the football field. He’ll be participating in collegiate athletics at Endicott College in the fall.
The Winter 2019 sports season at Central Catholic proved to be an exciting and successful few months for both boys and girls varsity sports. Congratulations to all CCHS coaching staffs and the student-athletes who excel athletically while balancing rigorous academic schedules!
The CCHS Varsity Cheerleading Team recently earned the title of Division Champions, as well as Grand Champions for all-school divisions during the “Reach the Beach” national competition in Daytona, Florida.