Congratulations to junior Kerrigan Hemp '20 on capturing two state titles, one in the 500 freestyle and one in the 100 backstroke, at the Division 2 State Meet. Kerrigan set a school record in the 500 freestyle and earned her third consecutive state title in the 100 backstroke.
Our student-athletes bring home State, Sectional, and Conference Championships on a regular basis while representing the school community with pride.
Central Catholic offers twenty-seven (27) Varsity sports in competitions governed by the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) and the Merrimack Valley Conference (MVC) as well as two (2) seasons of Cheerleading under the Massachusetts Secondary School Administrators' Association (MSSAA).
More than half of our student body, approximately 800 students, compete on at least one of these teams, an experience that fosters teamwork, dedication, sportsmanship, and the pursuit of excellence, lessons that carry over into all aspects of life.
Current families: log in to the portal to register for fall athletics!
- What sports are offered at CCHS?
- Do all teams have cuts?
- Can I play multiple sports?
- When are tryouts?
- What do I need to play a sport?
- When do the seasons start?
The following sports are offered at CCHS:
- Cross Country (boys and girls; JV and V)
- Cheerleading (co-ed; JV and V)
- Field Hockey (girls; JV and V)
- Football (boys; FR, Soph, JV and V)
- Golf (co-ed; JV and V)
- Soccer (boys and girls; FR, JV and V)
- Swimming and Diving (girls)
- Volleyball (girls; FR, JV and V)
- Basketball (boys and girls; FR, JV and V)
- Cheerleading (co-ed; JV and V)
- Gymnastics (co-ed)
- Ice Hockey (boys and girls; JV-A, JV-B and V - Girls are V only)
- Indoor Track and Field (boys and girls)
- Swimming and Diving (boys)
- Wrestling (co-ed; JV and V)
- Baseball (boys; FR, JV and V)
- Lacrosse (boys and girls; JV-A, JV-B and V)
- Outdoor Track and Field (boys and girls)
- Softball (girls; FR, JV and V)
- Tennis (boys and girls)
- Volleyball (boys; JV and V)
The following teams have cuts: Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey (boys and girls), Lacrosse, Soccer (boys and girls), Softball, Volleyball (boys and girls).
Depending on participation numbers, this list may change.
If a student is cut from a sport during the tryout period, he/she can then join a non-cut sport.
In order to be eligible for athletic participation, a student needs the following completed PRIOR to the first day of participation:
- Current physical on file with the nurse (exam within 13 months).
- Completed concussion education course through NFHSLearn.com.
- Completed registration form through FamilyID.com (opens approximately 1 month prior to start of athletic season.
Central Catholic alumnus and long-time assistant varsity baseball coach Mr. John Sexton '97 has been officially named the new Head Coach of the Varsity Baseball program at CCHS. Since 2003, Mr. Sexton has served as the assistant baseball coach under Mr. Marc Pelletier '79, who recently stepped down from the post as head coach after over 30 highly successful years leading the Raiders.
Four student-athletes signed their National Letters of Intent to compete in athletics at the Division 1 and Division 2 collegiate level. Congratulations to these outstanding young men and women!
Following an exhilarating win (23-20) on Friday, Nov. 2 over top-ranked football powerhouse Everett, Mr. Chuck Adamopoulos (more widely known as ‘Coach A’) is being deservedly honored as the New England Patriots High School Coach of the Week. Central Catholic’s win over Everett secured a place for the Raiders in the Division 1 North Final against St. John’s Prep at 1:00 PM on Saturday, Nov. 10 at St. John’s.
Congratulations to Madison Arndt '14 on being nominated for the 2018 NCAA Woman of the Year Award. Madison, a four-year standout on the Manhattan College track and field team, graduated in May with a degree in marketing and joined the NCAA as its Division II Governance Intern for 2018-2019 year.