Our student-athletes bring home State, Sectional, and Conference Championships on a regular basis while representing the school community with pride.
Central Catholic offers twenty-seven (27) Varsity sports in competitions governed by the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) and the Merrimack Valley Conference (MVC) as well as two (2) seasons of Cheerleading under the Massachusetts Secondary School Administrators' Association (MSSAA).
More than half of our student body, approximately 800 students, compete on at least one of these teams, an experience that fosters teamwork, dedication, sportsmanship, and the pursuit of excellence, lessons that carry over into all aspects of life.
Current families: log in to the portal to register for Spring athletics!
- What sports are offered at CCHS?
- Do all teams have cuts?
- Can I play multiple sports?
- When are tryouts?
- What do I need to play a sport?
- When do the seasons start?
The following sports are offered at CCHS:
- Cross Country (boys and girls; JV and V)
- Cheerleading (co-ed; JV and V)
- Field Hockey (girls; JV and V)
- Football (boys; FR, Soph, JV and V)
- Golf (co-ed; JV and V)
- Soccer (boys and girls; FR, JV and V)
- Swimming and Diving (girls)
- Volleyball (girls; FR, JV and V)
- Basketball (boys and girls; FR, JV and V)
- Cheerleading (co-ed; JV and V)
- Gymnastics (co-ed)
- Ice Hockey (boys and girls; JV-A, JV-B and V - Girls are V only)
- Indoor Track and Field (boys and girls)
- Swimming and Diving (boys)
- Wrestling (co-ed; JV and V)
- Baseball (boys; FR, JV and V)
- Lacrosse (boys and girls; JV-A, JV-B and V)
- Outdoor Track and Field (boys and girls)
- Softball (girls; FR, JV and V)
- Tennis (boys and girls)
- Volleyball (boys; JV and V)
The following teams have cuts: Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey (boys and girls), Lacrosse, Soccer (boys and girls), Softball, Volleyball (boys and girls).
Depending on participation numbers, this list may change.
If a student is cut from a sport during the tryout period, he/she can then join a non-cut sport.
In order to be eligible for athletic participation, a student needs the following completed PRIOR to the first day of participation:
- Current physical on file with the nurse (exam within 13 months).
- Completed concussion education course through NFHSLearn.com.
- Completed registration form through FamilyID.com (opens approximately 1 month prior to start of athletic season.
Congratulations to our Boys and Girls Varsity Basketball teams for battling their way to the Tsongas Center for the Division 1 North Finals taking place this Saturday, March 9!
Congratulations to Katharine Duren '21, Division 2 State Champion in the 55-meter hurdles. Katharine broke the area record, has had a stellar season competing against the top hurdlers in the state, and has been featured in several media stories.
Congratulations to Varsity Football Seniors Cam Boes '19 and Joey Howshan '19, who signed National Letters of Intent (NLI) to play college football with Stonehill College and Bentley University respectively.
We asked longtime Central Catholic teacher and football coach Mr. Charles Adamopoulos for his key to this year’s Super Bowl featuring the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Rams on Feb. 3.
After raising over $2,400 for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, the CCHS Cheerleading Team recently earned the privilege to attend a training clinic with the New England Patriots Cheerleaders at Gillette Stadium in May 2019.