Several members of our Boys Ice Hockey Team volunteered with the Exchange Club of Lawrence to pay tribute to fallen soldiers. They helped place hundreds of flags on the "Field of Honor" on display at the North Andover Common.
Our student-athletes bring home State, Sectional, and Conference Championships on a regular basis while representing the school community with pride.
Central Catholic offers twenty-seven (27) Varsity sports in competitions governed by the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) and the Merrimack Valley Conference (MVC) as well as two (2) seasons of Cheerleading under the Massachusetts Secondary School Administrators' Association (MSSAA).
More than half of our student body, approximately 800 students, compete on at least one of these teams, an experience that fosters teamwork, dedication, sportsmanship, and the pursuit of excellence, lessons that carry over into all aspects of life.
Current families: log in to the portal to register for Spring athletics!
- What sports are offered at CCHS?
- Do all teams have cuts?
- Can I play multiple sports?
- When are tryouts?
- What do I need to play a sport?
- When do the seasons start?
The following sports are offered at CCHS:
- Cross Country (boys and girls; JV and V)
- Cheerleading (co-ed; JV and V)
- Field Hockey (girls; JV and V)
- Football (boys; FR, Soph, JV and V)
- Golf (co-ed; JV and V)
- Soccer (boys and girls; FR, JV and V)
- Swimming and Diving (girls)
- Volleyball (girls; FR, JV and V)
- Basketball (boys and girls; FR, JV and V)
- Cheerleading (co-ed; JV and V)
- Gymnastics (co-ed)
- Ice Hockey (boys and girls; JV-A, JV-B and V - Girls are V only)
- Indoor Track and Field (boys and girls)
- Swimming and Diving (boys)
- Wrestling (co-ed; JV and V)
- Baseball (boys; FR, JV and V)
- Lacrosse (boys and girls; JV-A, JV-B and V)
- Outdoor Track and Field (boys and girls)
- Softball (girls; FR, JV and V)
- Tennis (boys and girls)
- Volleyball (boys; JV and V)
The following teams have cuts: Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey (boys and girls), Lacrosse, Soccer (boys and girls), Softball, Volleyball (boys and girls).
Depending on participation numbers, this list may change.
If a student is cut from a sport during the tryout period, he/she can then join a non-cut sport.
In order to be eligible for athletic participation, a student needs the following completed PRIOR to the first day of participation:
- Current physical on file with the nurse (exam within 13 months).
- Completed concussion education course through NFHSLearn.com.
- Completed registration form through FamilyID.com (opens approximately 1 month prior to start of athletic season.
Congratulations to Katharine Duren '21, the first female Raider student-athlete in history to become All-State Champion and New England Champion (100 hurdles). Katharine holds the area record in the 100 hurdles and the 55-meter hurdles.
Congratulations to Josh Lavallee '21, who was selected to participate in the National High School Golf Association Championship at Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL from June 25-29!
Learn more about our Summer Term academic and enrichment programs, our Fine & Performing Arts Programs, and our Sports Camps & Clinics!
Thank you to the Boys Volleyball Team, who took the time to make blankets and collect books for children at Boston Children’s Hospital. Their actions illustrate what it means to be Marist and to love the least favored and those most in need!