The wave is coming on Thursday, June 8, 2023, when Central Catholic celebrates Raider Day of Giving 2023! Raider Day of Giving is a powerful fundraising effort that connects everyone who loves and supports the mission of Central Catholic High School!
Sophomore Grandparents Day
Thank you to our Grandparents for your presence and for your legacy of love, wisdom, and sacrifice.
On Wednesday, October 13, 2021, the Central Catholic Family welcomed over 520 people to our Sophomore Grandparents Day for the Class of 2024!
All attendees - sophomores, grandparents, and friends - enjoyed lunch, a brief speaking presentation, and student musical performances.
Following the program in the Memorial Gymnasium, students led their grandparents on tours throughout the school and visited the Raider Campus Store.
Grandparents Day Photo Album
Thank you to all those families who sent in photos of sophomores with their grandparents!
Thank you to...
- Our Master of Ceremonies, Mr. David DeFillippo ’66;
- Our President, Christopher Sullivan ’81, for his welcoming remarks;
- Our student performers, Caleb Cascio '24 and Isabella Perrotta '22, for sharing their musical talents;
- Our student volunteers from the Student Alumni Association for their hospitality and service;
- Our Campus Minister, President Emeritus Bro. Rene Roy, FMS, '59, and our Director of Campus Ministry, Mrs. Earline Tweedie, for leading those present in prayer;
- The Party Connection, for catering another delicious meal;
- Our Director of Buildings & Grounds, Mr. Tim Whyte, and our maintenance staff; and Mr. Kevin Smith, our Manager of IT Services; for taking care of the logistics that made the day possible;
- The CCHS Parents Guild, whose volunteers provided hospitality, helping to set up, organize, and serve!
And perhaps, most importantly of all, thank you to our Grandparents for your presence and for your legacy of love, wisdom, and sacrifice.
MAke a Gift in your grandchild's name
We invite you to consider making a financial gift to Central Catholic in honor of your grandchild or grandchildren so that CCHS can continue to pass on its blessings to all grandkids - yours, ours, and the generations to come.
Your grandchild/grandchildren will receive a special message letting them know of your thoughtful gift made in their honor. The nature and size of the gift will not be included in the message.
News from Raider Nation
As the CCHS community celebrated the 85th Commencement Exercises, the Class of 1973 celebrated their 50-Year Golden Anniversary Reunion from Wed., May 24 through Fri., May 26, 2023. Over 60 alums from Central Catholic High School, Saint Mary High School, and Presentation of Mary Academy participated. Members of the Class of 1953 also enjoyed their 70-Year Reunion!
On Thursday, May 25, the 276 members of the Class of 2023 received their diplomas as part of the 85th Commencement Exercises of Central Catholic High School! More photos and details will be posted in the coming days from Commencement and additional senior events and activities.
This year's graduating class gathered in the Memorial Gymnasium on May 21 to celebrate each other and their achievements and contributions to the Raider Family. Congratulations to the Class of 2023 and all of the award recipients!
The Central Catholic Family is preparing to celebrate the Class of 2023 in a multitude of ways in the upcoming week: the Senior Awards Gala on Sunday, May 21; the Baccalaureate Mass on Tuesday, May 23; SeniorFest 2023 on Wednesday, May 24; and the 85th Commencement Exercises on Thursday, May 25. Congratulations, Class of 2023!
On May 17, 2023, several members of the Class of 2022 returned to give members of the Class of 2023 some college advice as part of College 101, a Senior Counseling Seminar designed to provide graduating seniors with insight, perspectives, and first-person advice to help them make a smooth transition to college.