Members of our School and College Counseling Office have been conducting Apply Yourself workshops for our rising seniors throughout the summer to help guide them through the college application process with confidence and success as they seek admittance to the colleges of their choice!
Each senior attends the Apply Yourself college application workshop over the course of the summer between junior and senior year.
Apply Yourself: The CCHS Summer College Application Workshop
- Starting the Application Process for Colleges/Universities
- Applying for FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Completing the Common Application
- Writing Successful College Essays (Coming in the fall... The Write Stuff: College Essay Review Day)
Good luck to the members of the Class of 2020 as they apply to their colleges of choice and begin their senior year!
This year is the culmination of the Counseling Office’s four-year program.
Senior Year: Preparing for College
The Counseling Office empowers seniors to navigate the college application season with confidence and success.
Programs that support both students & their families with the college selection process include:
- Apply Yourself College Application Workshop
- College Application & Naviance Senior Class Assembly
- The Write Stuff: College Essay Review Day
- College Conferences @ CCHS - over 100 colleges come to CCHS each fall
- Senior Parent College Night
- Financial Aid Night (English & Spanish)
As students begin receiving acceptances to colleges, we ask them to post their success on a mural in the School and College Counseling Office. For our hard-working students, it is a feel-great moment for sure!
Thank you to our School Counselors for their ongoing guidance and their comprehensive and innovative approach!