During the Boston Bruins game against the Florida Panthers on March 7, 2019, Junior Audrey O’Connor '20 was honored with the Boston Bruins-MIAA Sportsmanship Award during half-time.
Audrey is a forward on the CCHS Girls Varsity Ice Hockey Team.
According to the MIAA (Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association), since 2003, “the MIAA and Boston Bruins have partnered to honor one worthy student-athlete from every boys and girls ice hockey league in the state.” These student-athletes are selected by representatives of their league for best exemplifying a commitment to the ideals of sportsmanship throughout the season and meeting the following criteria:
- An exemplary record of complying, both in spirit and letter, with all league and MIAA rules and regulations during the season.
- A demonstrated record of respectfully accepting the rulings of game officials during the season.
- A record of conduct, on and off the ice that brings honor to self, team, school, and community.
- An exhibited commitment to teamwork by providing all members with recognition of their talents, an opportunity to contribute them to the team, and a spirit of camaraderie.
- A demonstrated respect for opponents before, during, and after games.
Audrey's sister and brother are also Raiders - Caroline O'Connor '18 and Hugh O'Connor '21.
Photo Caption: CCHS Girls Varsity Hockey Player Ms. Audrey O'Connor '20 stands with former Boston Bruins player Robert Sweeney after she received the 2019 Boston Bruins-MIAA Sportsmanship Award.
Congratulations Audrey on this well-deserved award! We're so very proud!