Since 1935 and with over 17,000 alumni shaped by the Marist Brothers of the Schools, Central Catholic High School is proud to be celebrating Catholic Schools Week!
We are proud to be a thriving Catholic community that welcomes students and families of various faiths and backgrounds.
Through our many programs and opportunities, students develop their God-given talents and abilities in a nurturing environment under the guidance of passionate, caring teachers.
This week, we celebrate our identity as a Catholic school – a identity that is reinforced each and every day throughout the year!
Catholic Schools Week Events at CCHS
Catholic Schools Week Liturgy: Thursday, Jan. 30
We will be coming together as a school community for our annual Catholic Schools Week Liturgy on Wednesday in the Memorial Gymnasium.
Faculty/Staff Appreciation Breakfast: Thursday, Jan. 30
Thank you to the Parents Guild for expressing their appreciation for the faculty and staff of Central Catholic during Catholic Schools Week and for supporting CCHS all year!
Prayer Requests and Reflections: Coordinated by Marist Youth
Marist Youth is collecting prayer requests and reflections from the school community in honor of Catholic Schools Week. Each request will be incorporated into a prayer chain that will be hung in the Memorial Gymnasium.
The paper colors this year will be BLUE and RED to represent our Marist family in Cambodia. During Catholic Schools Week, we choose an international Marist community to raise awareness of as our "theme" to promote not only being Catholic and Marist, but also part of an international community. Bro. John Kachinsky spent the first half of the year on sabbatical. His first stop on his sabbatical was to the LaValla School in Krong Ta Khmau, Cambodia, so this is where our Marist Youth students chose to focus our theme.
Students and teachers have been invited to submit a prayer request or a reflection on what makes them Marist or on what they are grateful for in their life.
Thank you to the members of our Marist Youth for taking the lead on this powerful initiative.
The greater CCHS community is also invited to submit special intentions to be remembered by the CCHS family.
This Week in Raider Nation, Catholic Schools Week Edition
Our regular, daily activities reflect our Raider, Marist, and Catholic School Spirit – providing students with the opportunity to grow, learn, and develop their interests.
Visit This Week in Raider Nation for more details on the events below, as well as our athletics schedule.
Sunday, Jan. 26
- Ski & Snowboard Club Trip: Loon Mountain
Monday, Jan. 27
- Amnesty International Meeting
- Chess Club Meeting
- Coding Club Meeting
- Passport Club Meeting (exploring world cultures)
- Board of Directors Meeting: stewardship of our resources and mission, planning for the future
Tuesday, Jan. 28
- Anime Club Meeting
- Art Club: Open Studio
- Career Exploration Speaker: Dentistry with Sway Maripuri '11
- Dance Team: Practice
- Mock Trial Team Meeting
- Project Recycle Collection
- Robotics Club Meeting
- Theatre Guild Stage Crew Info Meeting
Wednesday, Jan. 29
- Bowling Club Outing
- Civilizations Club Meeting (games of Risk)
- Karate Club Practice
- Junior Counseling Seminar: College Exploration Kickoff
- Junior Parent College Kickoff Night
Thursday, Jan. 30
- Catholic Schools Week Liturgy
- Competitive Math Team Practice
- Praying the Rosary
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation Breakfast Treats by Parents Guild
Friday, Jan. 31
- Winter Spirit Rally
- International Students: Chinese New Year Celebration
- Freshman Friday Reception - Raider Café
- Gaming Club Meeting
- Boys Basketball 1999 State Championship Recognition Game & Reception
- Admissions Decisions Released for Class of 2024!
More details available at This Week in Raider Nation, including our athletics schedule.
Ongoing and Additional Activities
- Academic Success Center: If students need academic support, all they have to do is “ASC” at our Academic Success Center (ASC) – which offers professional and peer-to-peer tutoring (through National Honor Society) every Tuesday and Thursday, in addition to study skill workshops held at various times during the year.
- Athletics: Visit This Week in Raider Nation or the MVC Schedule Website.
- Foosball, Table Tennis, and the Raider Cafe: Students gather after school each day in the Memorial Gymnasium for games and snacks.
Thank you to all those who support Catholic education, and thank you to all those who support the transformative experience and programs at Central Catholic High School!