Congratulations to Madison DiPietro '20, who has begun her senior season as a Midfielder for the University of Connecticut Huskies Field Hockey Team. Madison, who is working to overcome a back injury, was recently featured in the Eagle-Tribune.
She started every game as a junior and is poised for a sensational senior year.
Read more about Madison in the Eagle-Tribune:
- As a Junior (2022): Started all 18 games for the Huskies. Notched first career goal against Delaware (9/9). Had one assist against No. 2 Maryland (10/30).
- As a Sophomore (Fall 2021 UConn): Played in 21 games and made three starts in first season in Storrs. Notched first career assist with Huskies against Delaware (10/31).
- As a Freshman (Spring 2021 Boston University): Played in five matches and made four starts ... Notched one assist.
- High School: Two-time MVC Player of the Year at Central Catholic High School in Lawrence, Mass. … Named to MAX Field Hockey Top 50 … Selected to 2019 MIAA D1 Best of 60 … Finished with 113 career points … Boston Globe and Boston Herald All-Scholastic in both 2018 and 2019 … Named to MVC All-Conference First Team all four seasons … 2018 Eagle Tribune Player of the Year and three-time All-Star … Participated in 2018 Junior National Camp and 2017 Junior Olympics … Captained her field hockey and tennis teams at CCHS.
- Personal: Parents are Rocco and Sharon. Has one brother, Rocco, and one sister, Arianna.
- Allied health major.
When she graduated from Central Catholic, Madison was presented with the Mary I. Kilcoyne Award, given to the Outstanding Female Student-Athlete in each graduating class.
She has also been named to the Eagle-Tribune All-Century field hockey team.