Marathon Monday (April 15, 2019) is here, and the CCHS Community will be well represented in Boston, MA as several alumni will lace up and go 26.2 miles for a variety of worthwhile causes. If you are a member of the CCHS Community running the 2019 Boston Marathon and don’t see your name on this list, please contact email@example.com.
The 2019 Raider Running Roster
- Mackenzie Richardson ‘06 (pictured above on the right) will be running the Boston Marathon for the Brittany Fund for Trauma and Recovery Team. Typically she runs marathons with her identical twin sister and fellow CCHS grad Meghan Richardson ‘06, but Mackenzie is going solo on April 15 with plenty of support from her family and friends. This will be her first Boston Marathon, but she has completed two other marathons - Disney Marathon in 2017 and Marine Corps Marathon in 2018. Learn more about the Brittany Fund for Trauma and Recovery Team here: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/brittany-fund-boston-2019/mackenzierichardso
- John Shaheen ’82 is running his first marathon as part of the Merrimack Valley Striders team, a non-profit running organization that raises money for charity year round and also offers four college scholarships for local high school graduates each year.
- Jessica Wiggins ‘12 and Allison Wiggins ‘15 are sisters and CCHS alumni running the Boston Marathon for the Gillian Reny Stepping Strong Center for Trauma at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (Boston, Mass.) Learn more about their charity here: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/steppingstrongboston2019/jess-and-alliwiggins
- Kevin Hart ‘96, the brother of CCHS Faculty Member Timothy Hart ‘85, is running the Boston Marathon with the Spaulding Rehab team in memory of his fiance, Liz Casey, who passed away suddenly in 2017. Learn more here: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/spauldingraceforrehab2019/kevnhart
- Gary Bernat ‘04 will be running the Boston Marathon in support of the Alzheimer's Association of MA/NH. He lost a grandparent on both sides of the family to Alzheimer's Disease, and was selected for Team Alz to run in memory of his grandparents. This is Gary’s first time running a marathon. Lear more about his charity here: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/alzheimersassociationboston2019/garybernat?fbclid=IwAR32TX0NVlTaYguo-EBdfkiOqOnv5BH-EtgVbM_ikFhr6oED76TLS-jwVcM
- Renee Robertson '01 and Dean Murphy '98 will be running the marathon for the Boys and Girls Club of Lawrence (BGCL). This will be the third Boston Marathon for Renee and the 16th race for Dean. Together, they have raised over $50,000 for BGCL!
- Alexandra Hegge ‘13 is running her first Boston Marathon for the charity Boston vs Bullies: https://www.crowdrise.
com/o/en/campaign/the-sports- museum-2019-boston-marathon- team/alexandrahegge.
- Neil Sheehan '14 will be running the marathon for Military Friends Foundation: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/
en/campaign/military-friends- 2019-boston-marathon/ neilsheehan3
- Emily Condon '16 is taking on her first Boston Marathon and she is a member of the Merrimack Valley Striders - a non-profit running organization that raises money for charity year round and also offers four college scholarships for local high school graduates each year.
- Tom Collins '78 is traveling from Hawaii - where he has resided for over 20 years - to run the Boston Marathon!
- Christina Accardi '12 will be running her third Boston Marathon for the Stepping Strong program through Brigham and Women's Hospital.
Good luck to all of our Raiders taking on the 2019 Boston Marathon!