Thank you to the Jesuit colleges and universities who visited the Central Catholic campus on April 28 for our annual Jesuit College Fair for Juniors, sharing their expertise and college cultures with the CCHS Class of 2023.
The students asked important questions regarding the process of applying to college, available academics, and possible financial aid prospects.
Photo Album: Jesuit College Fair 2022
Association of Jesuit Colleges & Universities
Colleges in attendance
- Canisius College (Buffalo, NY)
- College of the Holy Cross (Worcester, MA)
- Fairfield University (Fairfield, CT)
- Fordham University (New York, NY)
- John Carroll University (Cleveland, OH)
- Le Moyne College (Syracuse, NY)
- Loyola University Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Loyola University Maryland (Baltimore, MD)
- Loyola University New Orleans (New Orleans, LA)
- Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI)
- Saint Joseph's University (Philadelphia, PA)
- Saint Louis University (St. Louis, MO)
- Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, CA)
- University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- University of Scranton (Scranton, PA)
- Xavier University (Cincinnati, OH)
The CCHS School Counseling Team
The School Counseling Team is excited to present these possibilities to our students and to work with juniors on how to make the most of college fair opportunities.
Junior Year: Exploring College Possibilities
The college exploration process begins in earnest during a student's junior year at Central Catholic.
Juniors can attend college conferences in the fall (over 100 colleges visit Central Catholic annually), and the college exploration process officially kicks off in January.
Juniors prepare for and take standardized tests, including the PSAT, the SAT, and the ACT. The PSAT, taken in the fall, provides an outstanding indication of how prepared students are for the SAT’s. Students are given the opportunity to take a full-length practice ACT in January and receive a composite score on that same day.
In addition, juniors take the SAT each April during our SAT School Day program
The Counseling Office conducts several seminars and parent nights throughout the year to ensure students and families have the information and support they need to succeed.