The spirit of Christmas giving is alive and well at Central Catholic!
Entering its 19th year, The Christmas Project is a student-led initiative that supports local families in need at Christmas.
This year, the Christmas Project Leadership Team has reimagined the way that we can support people in our community. The requests from local agencies have changed, and so has our response at Central Catholic.
How It Works
- Central Catholic has agreed to help support families who are in need and are assisted by local agencies. This year, we will fundraise for the items requested of us, and then purchase the donations. Then, we’ll work with the agencies to get those items to where they need to be.
- This year, we have been asked to reconsider how we can help others in a safe and meaningful way. The items we’ll be buying with our fundraised money include: small stocking items, beverages (for the over 1200 to-go meals shared by a neighboring soup kitchen each week), and $25 Target and $25 Walmart gift cards.
How You Can Help
- Donate online through the website at www.centralcatholic.net/the-christmas-project or via Venmo @CCHS_Missions
- Bring in a case of water, juice boxes or juice pouches when your cohort is in the building
- Pray for the Christmas Project, but most especially for those people served by its efforts
Be sure to visit the Christmas Project page for additional details on donating.
The Christmas Project Timeline
- Start to finish, The Christmas Project begins on Tues., Dec. 1 and will wrap up with collections on Tues., Dec. 15. This will allow small teams to coordinate the purchasing of donations.
- Collections of money will happen anytime, anyplace! With virtual giving, you can give a donation at your convenience.
- Collections of beverage cases will happen on announced in-school days, making an effort to accommodate both cohorts. Drop offs will be in the Memorial Gymnasium near the Raider Café. If you are fully remote, we encourage you to donate online what you would have spent on a case of beverages, and we’ll do the shopping for you!
- Project delivery will happen on Fri. Dec. 18.
Please reach out to a student leader or adult leader with any additional questions!
The Christmas Project Team
- Philip Kirby '21
- MJ Lesofsky '21
- Hugh O’Connor '21
- Maggie O’Rourke '22
- Caleb Scotch '23
- Mrs. Vicki Blaszak, Campus Minister
- Mr. Tim Hart '85 , Religious Studies Teacher
- Mrs. Diana Chase, Religious Studies Teacher
We’re glad to help!
We thank you very much for your hard work and generosity, and for celebrating Christmas in such a charitable way!