Above photo: Mary McGinnis '21 and Addison Cook '21 at Loon Mountain on February 3.
On Sunday, February 16, the Ski & Snowboard Club will be leaving for Colorado to ski at Breckenridge over February Vacation.
They will be able to ski at Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail, and Beaver Creek.
Twenty-one students will be participating and will be accompanied by three chaperones.
Rocky Mountain Vloggers
- Isabel Majewski '20
- Sean Vumbaco '20
Follow them at:
- Base Elevation: 9,600 ft.
- Summit Elevation: 12,998 ft.
- Vertical Rise: 3,398 ft.
- Snowmaking: 565 acres
- Avg. Annual Snowfall: 300 inches
- Total Skiable Area: 2,208 acres
- Miles east-west: 2.9 miles
- Miles north-south: 2.3 miles
- Trail Classification
- 52% Expert/Advanced
- 33% Intermediate
- 15% Beginner
- Conventional Trails: 146
- Longest Run: Four O'Clock at 3.5 miles/5.6 km
- Terrain Parks: 5 Halfpipes: 4 Bowls: 772 acres
- Total Number of Lifts: 28
- Terrain: 2,870 acres
- Vertical: 3,128 ft/953 m
- Base Elevation: 9,300 ft/2,835 m
- Summit Elevation: 12,408 ft/3,782 m
- Avg. Yearly Snowfall: 230 in/584 cm
- Snowmaking: 684 acres/237 ha
- Lift Capacity: 33,564 people per hour
- Number of Trails: 116
- Number of Night Skiing Trails: 15
- Number of Terrain Parks: 2
- Number of Pipes: 1
- Miles of Trails Available: 81
- Nordic Trails Available: 16 km groomed/57 km packed
- Terrain Degree of Difficulty
- Easiest 12%
- More Difficult 34%
- Most Difficult 54%
- Number of Lifts: 20
About the Ski & Snowboard Club
The Ski & Snowboard Club is a non-competitive activity whose goal is to introduce inexperienced skiers and/or snowboarders to the sport and to provide those more experienced the opportunity to improve their skills. This is not a ski team. The ski club offers a 4-trip combo package on selected Sundays. The trips in the package alternate between Loon Mountain and Waterville Valley Ski Resorts. Equipment rentals (including helmets) and lessons are available on all trips. Helmets are required of all participants. Open to all students.
- Jan. 12: Loon Mountain, Lincoln, NH
- Jan. 19: Waterville Valley Resort, Waterville, NH
- Feb. 2: Loon Mountain, Lincoln, NH
- Feb. 9: Waterville Valley Resort, Waterville, NH
- Feb. 16-Feb. 22: Breckenridge, CO
Good luck to our skiers and snowboarders! We look forward to following your adventures!