This past fall, Stephen J. Kelley '64 retired after 56 years at the Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence, where he transformed the lives of countless children.
Central Catholic was proud to celebrate Steve and his impact on Lawrence and the wider world at Steve Kelley '64 Night at Raider Boys Basketball.
Steve was honored during a pre-game reception and special Halftime Ceremony as the Raider Boys Basketball Team played Lawrence High School.
Support the Stephen J. Kelly '64 Scholarship
In honor of Steve's service to the youth of Lawrence and the Merrimack Valley, a scholarship has been endowed at Central Catholic in his honor.
The scholarship will support a student attending CCHS from the Boys and Girls Club of Lawrence.
- Under "Designation," select "The Central Catholic Endowment Fund."
- Under "Tribute Gift," select "this gift is in honor..."
- Add Steve's name in the space provided.
Thank you for your support and consideration.
Photo Album: Steve Kelley '64 Night
Media Coverage of Steve Kelley '64
- The Boston Globe: After 56 years, Steve Kelley retires from the Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence but leaves legacy of giving
- The Eagle-Tribune: Kelley's mantra: 'Never give up on a kid ... Never!'
Stephen J. Kelley '64, Central Catholic Champagnat Award Recipient
In 2005, Stephen J. Kelley '64 was the inaugural recipient of The Champagnat Award for Humanitarian & Community Service
The Champagnat Awards honor Alumni and Members of the Central Catholic community whose lives reflect extraordinary faith, service to the least favored, professional achievement and dedication to our Marist mission.
The Award for Humanitarian & Community Service
This award is bestowed on individuals for outstanding service to society and their unwavering commitment to making the world a better place. They epitomize the Marist ideal of concern for the least favored.
- 2005 Honoree: Stephen J. Kelley '64
- 2012 Honoree: Dr. Samuel J. D’Urso '62
- 2015 Honoree: John F. Kaslow '49
- 2015 Honoree: Barbara J. (Fox '51SM) Kaslow
- 2018 Honoree: Patricia (Foley '60SM) Karl
- 2018 Honoree: William J. Sullivan '68
- 2022 Honoree: Ms. Patricia B. Letayf '07
- 2022 Honoree: Atty. Michael W. Morris Sr. '59
Congratulations, Steve, and thank you for all you have done and the example you have provided for our students!