Thank you to our students and their families for helping us surpass our Walk 2021 goal, raising a total of $101,313.
On Friday, Nov. 19, 2021, CCHS students, faculty and staff came together to walk a 1.8 mile loop around the City of Lawrence to successfully complete this year's walkathon.
The Walk 2021 Photo Album
After the Walk, students enjoyed snacks, and names were selected to win a variety of raffle prizes.
Special thanks to the CCHS Parents Guild for all of their hard work!
Every year level made their goal, earning the day before Thanksgiving off, as well as an additional Walk holiday that will be announced.
The money raised is used to help pay for initiatives that are not covered by tuition, helping to stretch the operating budget and keep tuition down while enhancing the educational experience of students.
Special Thank You's
Thank you to the Parents Guild and our parent volunteers, especially Michelle Jankowski and Patti Moda.
Thank you to the CCHS administration and faculty for encouraging students over the last six weeks and for being crossing guards and walking with homerooms.
Thank you to our sponsors, who help make the event possible!
The Parents Guild and corporate sponsors help underwrite the cost of the event so that student-sponsorships can be used to make improvements that directly benefit the students.
- Freshmen: $30,825
- Sophomores: $26,979
- Juniors: $22,097.82
- Seniors: $20,787
The entire school raised a total of $101,313 (as of 11/19/21 - numbers have increased since Walk Day).
Over their four years at CCHS, our seniors, the Class of 2022, has raised a total of $91,116, helping to pay for:
- Renovations to the Memorial Gymnasium
- The Raider Plaza (used by seniors during lunch and senior break in the spring)
- Money for the “CCHS Family Fund”
- Furniture for the Art Studios
- Facelift of the gymnasium bleachers
- Innovation resources: 3D printers, Apple TVs and drones
- Renovation of the Raider Café
- Sound system and new curtains in the Theater (coming soon)
- Shades for the Memorial Gymnasium (coming soon)
The winning homerooms for each year level will receive donuts in homeroom or pizza at lunch (Class Choice).
- Top Freshman Homeroom: 1L, Ms. Mohan, with $3,400
- Top Sophomore Homeroom: 2C, Ms. Prisby, with $3,115
- Top Junior Homeroom: 3L, Ms. Twaalhoven, with $3,745
- Top Senior Homeroom: 4A Mr. Chase with $3,825
- Top homeroom in the entire school was 4A, Mr. Chase! They will receive a catered breakfast and a dress down day.
The top students in every year level received two tickets to a concert or sporting event of their choice.
More on Walk 2021
The CCHS Walkathon has raised nearly $2 million since 2000, funding important initiatives that directly impact the student experience.
Walk 2021 will fund...
- A New Sound System for the Rogers Memorial Theater
- New Curtains for the Rogers Memorial Theater
- New Shades for the Memorial Gym
- The CCHS Family Fund: 10% of Walk proceeds will go into this fund, which helps families that have been affected by tragedies throughout the school year.
Thank you to everyone who helped to make Walk 2021 such a big success!